39th Annual Redbud Festival
Schedule of Events
The Redbud office will be open in the Chamber of Commerce office on Hwy. 62 through Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pre-sale carnival wrist bands are $15 each and available only until Thursday at 7 p.m. Wrist bands at the carnival will be $20 on Thursday, Friday and each of the Saturday sessions. Festival t-shirts for children and adults will be on sale for $12, and Redbud Cookbooks on sale for $15.
Thursday, March 10 - Wagner’s Carnival Bargain Night will be open Thursday for Thrills and Chills Night from 6 to 11 p.m. On Friday Fun Night, the carnival will be open 5-11 p.m. On Saturday, there will be two carnival sessions, from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. and 5-11 p.m. Attendees will need two wrist bands to ride all day on Saturday. There will be individual tickets sold at the carnival for $1 each.
Friday, March 11 - The Red Beans and Rice Feast, hosted by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the lot next to the post office. Meals are free to the public.
Friday, March 11 - FREE Fun Family Movie Night showing of “Swiss Family Robinson” at 7 p.m. on the front campus on Hwy. 62. Some food vendors will be open and attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets.
Friday, March 11 - Buna Bridle Club presents the Redbud Rodeo at 8 p.m. The night includes the first two sheep and calf scrambles. Gates open at 6 p.m.
Saturday, March 12
• 10 a.m. - The parade, “Redbud Celebrates Classic Television,” begins on Main Street led by Parade Marshals John and Cathy Burt as Fonzie and Pinkie Lee from “Happy Days,” featuring Redbud King and Queen Charles and Mickey Reeves, Mrs. Buna Dot Laramore, Miss Buna 2010 Chelsea Parsons, Little Miss Fireman 2010 Alli Powell, 2010 Citizen of the Year Steve Richardson and all Miss Buna and Little Miss Fireman pageant contestants. Lineup will be on US 96 to flow down Main Street/Hwy. 62. All floats must be in line at 8:30 a.m. for judging. All entries must be in line by 9 a.m.
• The 39th annual Redbud Festival will begin on the Buna High School grounds immediately following the parade. Over 40 craft vendors and over 25 food vendors, serving all the festival favorites, will be open all day, including inside the cafeteria.
• All day - The front campus will include pony rides, bounce houses and a petting zoo, along with games for kids, face painting and a mobile recording studio where you can record yourself singing your favorite song. The local stage musical entertainment will be located to the left of the grounds gate. There will also be food vendors and arts and crafts vendors. The Buna Elementary School art contest winners will be on display in the school cafeteria. The Redbud Rod Run and Bike Show will be on the junior high grounds.
Main Stage Entertainment
• 11 a.m. - Bronco Jr. and Old Trick Band will take the main stage for the opening of FREE Redbud Festival music entertainment.
• 11:30 a.m. - Buna Karate and Fitness demonstration
• Noon - Bronco Jr. and Old Trick Band
• 12:30 p.m. - Announcement of the Redbud Festival Parade Winners
• 12:35 p.m. - Dance Pointe performs on main stage
• 1 p.m. - Bronco Jr. and Old Trick Band
• 1:30 p.m. - Jasper Lakes Area Hospice’s Hope Family presents clowns, songs and more
• 2 p.m. - Bronco Jr. and Old Trick Band
• 2:30 p.m. - Krystina Kondos
• 3-4 p.m. - Bronco Jr. and Old Trick Band
• 7 p.m. - The 2011 Miss Buna and Little Miss Fireman pageants will be held at the Buna High School Activity Center. Tickets are $5 and will be available at the door. Miss Buna Alumni reception begins at 6:30 p.m.
• 8 p.m. - The Bridle Club presents the second night of the Redbud Rodeo as well as the second night of the calf and sheep scrambles